Thursday, August 16, 2012

POTTERY BARN KIDS FALL 2012

As you all know, I love me some Pottery Barn.  I am definitely one of those people that do NOT have a hate on for Pottery Barn.  I thought I would share with you all some of my favourite kids spaces.



I truly love this combo of Gray and Navy.  And I love the use of dark wood in the space.  It is the kind of room that isn't too babyish and one that will grow with your little one, or not so little as the case may be.
I can't tell by the catalogue the gray used in this room- could be Benjamin Moore Gull Wing Gray 2134-50.
I would totally use this gray in this room. In fact any of the grays or browns on this chip in the fan deck are awesome.  It is the kind of gray that has some warmth but doesn't go to green or into the too blue range either.  Kind of a perfect gray really:


Gull Wing Gray 2134-50 Benjamin Moore







This is known as the Jackson Room.  Very appropriate that I love it since my little guy is also Jackson!!  I of course am loving the plaid wallpaper...... hail all things plaid!!  Also loving the gray and red with the brown.  Again, it is a room that can grow with your child.  Also.... I am a huge sucker for stars.  I don't know why, I have just always loved stars for a motif!






Now this room to me is a hot mess.  Let me explain why.  First of all I really love the furniture itself.  It is classic and timeless.  But what I do have issue with is that fact that they are mixing undertones in the woods.  I took one look at this room and went - Ewwww!!  The boards on the wall, while they are interesting and lend a lot of texture are soooo wrong to go with that pine furniture.  The pine has a yellow undertone and the walls have a pink undertone and that is NEVER good.  Those two undertones just look awful together.  This is a case where a Stylist hasn't got a sweet clue about undertones!  Sorry but it is true!  And the Roman shades look slightly off as well due to the pink undertone in the wood walls.  Pine can be such a tricky one to decorate with due to the act that it has a clear and very present yellow undertone to it.  Pine always looks great with Green, Red or Navy.  I would not recommend you EVER put it with Yellow or Pink.







How lovely is this Nursery?  It is so on trend with its Gray and Yellow.  But if they tire of the yellow it is so easily switched out for Magenta or Kelly Green for example.  This is how you do a room with trendy colour.  Have all the main pieces neutral and spice it up with the accents.   Love it!  And, once again the room isn't too sweet that it can't grow with Georgia!!






This is such a girly, girl room.  Since I live in a house full of men, it is always nice for me to look and dream about such rooms as this.  I love the combo of Gray, Purple and Pink.    The textiles for me are amazing as well.  I love the mixing of paisley and graphic motifs- it is very John Robshaw to me- without the John Robshaw price!! 






I am a huge fan of this colour scheme.  Chocolate, Deep Pink, Gray and Aqua.  I want this room for me!!  Well some sort of room like this.  I love these colours.  I think any young girl would love to have this as their own.  I don't think my boys would thank you for it, but I would!!
Now.... I have no idea the wall colour in this room or the wall tattoo.. but... if it were me I might use:


Walls:  Wolf Gray 2127-40  Benjamin Moore



Wall Tattoo:  Bird's Egg 2052-50  Benjamin Moore









I just had to put this one in.  You all know my love for everything Red, White and Blue.  This room for me is timeless and classic.  It will look as good today as it will 5 or 8 years from now!
If it were up to me the white I would use in here is:

Decorator's White CC-20  Benjamin Moore

You can't go wrong with this really white, white.  It has no yellow in it's undertone so it would look great in a room filled with Red, White and Blue.







Now.... I am not one for buying products that are "licensed".  I would really like this room even if it has plain old Red, White and Blue and no Dr. Seuss.  The reason why I have this room in this post is that I love the whitewashed boards for the walls and the wood beams and wallboard's.  I love the rustic feel to the room minus the Dr. Seuss.  I especially like the light blue they painted the ceiling between the boards.

For a similar colour for the ceiling try:


Ceiling Colour:  Beacon Gray 2128-60  Benjamin Moore


Thanks for stopping by and looking at some Pottery Barn rooms with me.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment